Pushing the Limits of SAP BPC at EMC
EMC Corporation is an American multinational that offers products and services that enable businesses to store, manage, protect and analyze massive volumes of data. EMC’s target markets include large Fortune 500 companies as well as small business across various vertical markets. With TruQua’s help they were able to go live with a feature rich application in a very short time frame and budget.
Industry: IT Storage and Hardware
Solution: SAP BPC 7.5
TruQua had a small team, a limited budget and only 6 months. These limitations were in place due to a failed implementation conducted by a competitor of TruQua. Compounding the difficulty, EMC came to TruQua with massive amounts of Oracle-based custom code and required that no server side code or business add-ins be used while not losing any of the functionality they enjoyed with Hyperion.
In 6 months TruQua went live successfully with BPC offering the following features:
- Cost center based budgeting & planning
- Full head count reporting & analytics
- Hierarchy based optimization of head count retrieves
- Capital expenditures
- 18-month rolling forecasts to augment appreciation calculations
- Master data reorganization leading to a reduction from 60,000 cost-centers to 15,000
- Integration with PeopleSoft
- Worldwide re-education on the new system using end-to-end templates, extensive ad-hoc report training and how-to guides
- The customer went live on time and was able to close consolidations, planning and forecasting for all 450 companies worldwide with complex financial, capital, headcount data and over 870 users
- Hierarchy based optimization led to Performance improvements from 15 minutes to 30 seconds for certain tasks