Enabling Real, Real-Time at Mars
Mars Wrigley is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of chewing gum. It is headquartered in Chicago, IL with sales and operations in over 180 countries and 25 factories in 15 countries. It is a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated, one of the world’s largest food companies.
Industry: Consumer Products
Solution: SAP BPC 10.0
How Mars successfully migrated to SAP BPC 10.0 for more integrated sales planning
Mars’ then account planning tool, was difficult to use, unreliable and the technology was being phased out putting it at risk of no-longer being supported.
- Planning and reporting in any unit of measure
- Planning and reporting at any hierarchy level
- Planning by week and period with versioning
- Flexibility in adjusting and defining the product hierarchy
How Mars rolled out Real-Time Integration without SAP HANA
Mars Wrigley’s Event Manager (incremental volume) was constantly changing but not constantly synced with the Account Planner (base volume) functionality in SAP BPC. They were synced via nightly batch loads. The fluctuations between base and incremental volumes resulted in lagged spending adjustments made to stay within budget. They needed a solution so SAP BPC would be synced with Event Manager in real-time.
- Automation and a simplified interface resulted in an estimated time savings of 300 hours per sales rep per year leading to cost-saving headcount reductions
- Real, real-time equated to better data quality and accuracy
- High user adoption was a result of the above factors
Testing and Performance Optimization of SAP BPC 10.0 with TruQloud
It was critical that Mars’ SAP BPC solution operated at peak efficiency in order to spur user excitement and increase user adoption.
Mars utilized TruQua’s TruQloud environment to help address performance concerns early and throughout the project. This included stress testing the system with production quality data and user concurrency.
- TruQloud delivery allowed development and tests to be done before on-premise servers were procured.