Title: Senior SAP Project Manager
Location: U.S. preferably Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full Time
TruQua Enterprises, LLC is a growing Professional Services and licensed software development partner of SAP products and solutions located in downtown Chicago. Our expertise lies in Financial software and analytics for Fortune 500 organizations on a national and global scale. We are a certified Great Place to Work by Fortune Magazine for small and medium-sized companies, as well as one of Inc. 5000’s 2018 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies! We look for individuals who embody our values of Smart, Driven and Nice.
Senior SAP Project Manager Job Description:
TruQua is actively looking for a Senior SAP Project Manager with strong experience managing large scale Analytics and/or end-to-end SAP ERP Financials projects. In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of and experience working in FP&A, combined with hands-on experience managing or consulting in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC). Specifically, the ideal candidate will have solid skills in Margin Planning.
As a Senior SAP Project Manager, you will be expected to lead on-site TruQua delivery teams (of 5 to 8 consultants) for successful implementations of the customers’ SAP ERP Software Solutions.
In addition, the candidate must be willing & able to learn and/or apply current skills to take a leading role in SAP S/4HANA and SAP Central Finance implementations. The ideal candidate will have experience leading project teams, as well as a willingness to share knowledge and help train Junior resources to strengthen the overall capabilities of TruQua’s SAP Financials practice.
Your job duties will include but are not limited to learning, performing as well as training and mentoring in the following areas:
- Responsible for the successful implementation of customer’s SAP ERP Financials, including providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, and instruction on SAP products
- Solid knowledge of FP&A, SAP BPC, Margin Planning, SAP FI/CO, SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Finance as well as an eagerness to learn and grow expertise in the latest SAP Financial technologies, namely SAP Central Finance
- Strong knowledge of SAP Implementation ASAP Methodology
- Act as direct point of contact with customer for troubleshooting: investigate, analyze and map client business requirements, processes & objectives and effectively communicate needs to the TruQua team to resolve
- Provide continuous feedback on project status and offer constructive options to ensure project continues to meet original expectations
- Continuously demonstrate and deliver strong and highly professional customer service
- Develop and execute activities related to end-to-end project management, including project plans and cost estimates, scoping and requirements through implementation and deployment
- Proactively monitor, manage and report on execution of deliverables with customer on a regular basis
- Assist in conducting gap analysis between customers’ business requirements and IT needs
- Accountable for the final project results, assuring quality of the solution delivered, proper change management, budget & scope met within projected targets
- Contribute thought leadership to the development and growth of our TruQua brand and intellectual capital by, among others: Publishing articles, white papers, and/or speaking at select domestic and/or global conferences
- Manage and provide leadership to entry level consultants and become actively involved in team development and practice management
- Understand and exemplify TruQua corporate values & deep commitment to excellence at all levels; internally and externally.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of SAP hands-on Project Management with strong experience managing large scale Analytics and/or end-to-end SAP ERP Financials projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in FP&A, combined with hands-on experience managing or consulting in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC). Specifically, the ideal candidate will have solid skills in Margin Planning
- SAP FI/CO deep knowledge and/or hands-on experience
- Experience with Central Finance, SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Finance and/or SAP Activate Methodology a big plus
- Demonstrated understanding of theory, principles and practices of general finance, accounting, budgeting, financial planning and/or cost accounting
- Functional/technical proficiency in SAP applications related work, including solid industry and/or consulting experience
- PMP Certification a plus
- Ability to anticipate, address and resolve customer concerns and issues
- Ability to break complex issues into simple project steps and problem-solve
- Must provide two customer references pertaining to this job role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or other relevant degree from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, client management, and delivery
- Excellent presentation skills
- Articulate with impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong & discerning listener
- Thirst for knowledge and eagerness to learn and grow skills in new areas
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture, all the while being independent in managing his/her deliverables
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
Other information about the role:
- Travel: 100%
- Start date: TBD
Market competitive compensation commensurate with experience and work level
TruQua offers employees a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, LT, ST disability insurance, 401(k) plan with corporate match and other competitive benefits.