Title: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Consultant
Location: U.S. but preferably Chicago, IL
Position Type: Full Time
TruQua Enterprises, LLC is a growing Professional Services and licensed software development partner of SAP products and solutions located in downtown Chicago. Our expertise lies in Financial Software and Analytics for Fortune 500 organizations on a national and global scale.
We are actively seeking for a functional Supply Chain Management Consultant to join our company full-time and actively contribute to our growing SCM and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) efforts.
This is a functional role that requires strong industry experience in supply chain and logistics, as well as a strong knowledge of accounting, finance and basic legal processes. In addition, the role requires solid understanding of Integrated Business Planning.
This role is responsible for helping our customers tackle the full breadth of their supply chain, logistics, planning & product life cycle management challenges. Developing deep collaboration with and understanding of customers’ needs are key to this role in order to deliver solutions that help our clients measure, analyze and optimize business performance across the entire enterprise, integrating relevant technologies and best practices.
The role reports directly to TruQua’s Leadership.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead customers’ SCM requirements and deliverables in the full project lifecycle from blueprint to go-live
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment & delivery, product returns
- Review and update supply chain practices in accordance with customers’ new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard costs lists
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies
- Key role in implementation and coordination of customers’ IBP process, including partnering with process leaders
- Understand key drivers and levers that impact business success (revenues, volumes and margin)
- Ensure that issues and imbalances, which are identified during the customers’ monthly IBP cycle are cross-functionally reviewed, resolved or escalated with recommendations and alternatives for closure
- Identify, develop and implement process improvement plans to optimize IBP processes to meet customer objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth
- Orchestrate the implementation and ongoing management of customers’ overall IBP process
- Proactively liaise and coach process leaders and owners in the customers’ IBP process. Manage IBP materials (meeting calendar and schedule for the IBP process steps, IBP policy procedure documentation, etc.)
- Engage and stay informed with Product Management, Finance, and Supply to maintain continuous integrated resolution of issues as they arise, as well as day-to-day threats and Internal/external contacts
- Actively engage with the customer key internal players such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers
- Assist in mapping customer requirements into SAP processes and designing solutions
- Work with SAP consultants to customize and develop SAP system as part of the overall SCM and IBP project deliverable
- Test scripts, finalize configurations and support the final solution
- Coach and lead different tracks and project teams
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field from an accredited university or college
- Strong understanding of theory, principles and practices of general finance, accounting, budgeting, financial planning and cost accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Integrated Business Planning
- 1 to 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain management from product development to shipment of finished goods
- Knowledge of and work experience in SAP technologies a big plus, preferably in Materials Management (MM), Production Planning (PP), Quality Management (QM), Sales & Distribution (SD), Warehouse Management (WM), Extend Warehouse Management (EWM), Advanced Planning & Optimization), Plant Maintenance (PM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Transportation Management (TM), Environment, Health & Safety Management (EHSM), Global Trade Services (GTS), Logistics Execution (LE), Manufacturing Integration & Intelligence (MII)
- Must be able to read and comprehend legal documents such as contracts and import/export agreements
- Can work in a fast pace, open, collaborative and driven environment
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture, all the while being independent in managing his/her deliverables
- Can manage multiple priorities effectively, network internally to get things done and be accountable for his/her decisions
- Highly organized, reliable, timely and attentive to detail
- A “Can Do” attitude that embraces a start-up work environment
- Strong and dedicated work ethic.
Other Information about the role:
- Travel: Required up to 100%
- Start date: TBD
- Market competitive base salary and bonus structure – commensurate with experience and skills set
- TruQua offers employees a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, LT, ST disability insurance, 401(k) plan with corporate match and other benefits recognized by TruQua’s recognition as Best Place to Work from Fortune Magazine.